Re: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please

Subject: Re: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:53:02 -0500
At 11:34 AM 1/29/03 -0600, clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Clint/John,

Thanks for the quick replies!

When the shutter fires with the front cover (barrier) closed, does the shutter
stay open a while or does it close relatively quickly?

It's quick. I'm not an expert at estimating shutter times but I guess something in the range of 1/30.

This mechanism is related to the film counter, too -- is
there any problem with the film counter?  That may also be a clue.

The film counter seems to be working properly. I loaded the first roll of film last night and, after I closed the rear, out of curiosity I pressed the shutter release with the dust shield closed. The shutter fired so I advanced the film and fired a couple of more shots. The film counter advanced to 1.

when you open
and close the barrier, does a black plate move back and forth over the small
rangefinder window?

Yep, the rangefinder cover works properly.

Let me ask another question - if I decided that I could live with possibility of accidental shutter releases with the dust barrier closed - do you have any idea how battery life will be affected?

Thanks again for y'alls help!
Johnny