Re: [OM] Slightly OT, Leica question

Subject: Re: [OM] Slightly OT, Leica question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:14:17 -0800

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 05:06  AM, Dizel wrote:

OM 1 has similar feel to classical Leicas - same smoothness of operation, quiet shutter.. And lenses exhibit similar image 'roundness', at least to my eye. Especially 1.8/50 and 2/85.. :)

I would have to second that. I still had my M3 when a friend got and OM-1 and I was very impressed with it and wondered by Leica had not built it instead of that huge Leicaflex the design of which owed more to the Visoflex than to the M3.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA