RE: [OM] Not the Olympus D520

Subject: RE: [OM] Not the Olympus D520
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:01:26 -0500
is this a camera or a box of shreddies?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goss [mailto:stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: February 12, 2003 3:54 PM
To: olympus-digest
Subject: [OM] Not the Olympus D520

Saw this on a discussion list at work - someone was asking which digital
camera to buy. I guess you can't please everyone.

Posted At: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 3:28 PM
Posted To: Discussion & Response
Conversation: Digital Cameras
Subject: Not the Olympus D520

My fiancé got it for Christmas, and while it does take good pictures,
and is very reasonably priced for a 2 megapixel camera, it has a couple
features that are frustrating that you might want to keep in mind when
getting a digital camera.

First thing that drives me crazy about it is the time it takes to
actually take the picture after you push the button. You have to press
it for 2 seconds before it actually takes the picture. It just drives me
nuts. You see something you want to take a picture of, and by the time
the camera takes the picture the moment's passed.

Second thing that drives me nuts is that after you take a picture, the
screen goes off instead of actually showing what was just taken. On my
camera, it shows for about a half second the image that was just
captured. Also, the D520 has about a 6-7 second period after you've
taken a picture that you have to wait before you can take another. I
think both these problems are because the camera operates on only 2 AA
batteries.

Well, that's more complaining than advice, but it's something you may
want to keep in mind when picking a camera. I've found the best source
for unbiased opinion on a lot of items is Amazon.com's customer reviews.