Re: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please

Subject: Re: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:42:15 -0800
on 2/12/03 2:58 AM, Johnny Johnson at jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently purchased an XA camera to use when bicycle touring.  It's in
> nice shape - clean, very minor scratches, seals are good, etc. but it has
> one problem that's going to limit it's usefulness unless it's fixed - the
> shutter can be fired with the dust barrier (cover) closed.  In it's present
> condition and, considering the XA's hair trigger shutter release, I think
> I'll end up with a lot of blank exposures.  Anyone know if there's an easy
> fix for this problem or is it going to require professional repair that'll
> cost more than the camera is worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny
>
> __________________________
> Johnny Johnson
> Lilburn, GA
> mailto:jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx

Johnny - When you carry the camera, don't wind on the film until just before
you take a picture. I don't think the shutter is armed until you wind on the
film.

I've seen the other replies, if you decide to get a different XA, I might be
interested in buying the one you've got, I play at fixing them...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...