Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:05:32 -0500

Heh. My cousins are all from Normandy (Alençon and environs) and they *despise* Paris. And Parisians. Apparently, those damn cityfolk are ruining Normandy even more than the British. ;-)

Garth

IIRC, didn't William the Conqueror sail east across the English Channel in 1066? And didn't he set out from what is now Normandy?

I'm having cognitive dissonance now. How can the British ruin someplace that a very significant number of them originated from to begin with? Perhaps I'm over-simplifying this. ;-)

-- John