Parisian arrogance, high-speed films and something OM related.....Re: [O

Subject: Parisian arrogance, high-speed films and something OM related.....Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:29:17 +0100
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:48:33 -0700
Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 12:15 PM 2/13/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
> >Bernard,
> >
> >I was in China, when I met what I felt was the most nicest
> >frenchman I've ever met.  He truly changed my perspective on the
> >french.  He commented on what I have is the "Paris syndrome", he
> >says he is french, outskirts of Nice, and when he goes to Paris,
> >they are just as rude to him as they are to "the bloody yanks".
> >So he says my french comments are echoed by him.
>

> Heh.  My cousins are all from Normandy (Alençon and environs) and
> they *despise* Paris.  And Parisians.  Apparently, those damn
> cityfolk are ruining Normandy even more than the British.  ;-)

Hey! I may not be born French, but I live in Paris. Being rude to
people in that special parisian way is an *ART* that I am only now
learning after 4 years. Show some respect, we - that would be I and
the real parisians - are working hard to maintain our high standards
of arrogance and rudeness towards pretty much everyone.... :)

Anyone in doubt should watch Monty Python in "Quest for the Holy
Grail"...

To get back on the OM track - and to something that, surprisingly, is
both on the topic of Airport X-rays and Paris. After the discussion
of high-speed films a few days ago, I decided to take one of my 5
rolls way-too-fast film (3200 ASA) out of the freezer. Having
defrozen it, I put myself the following task: one body, one lens, one
class of subject - at night. Currently, the film is residing in a
trusty OM2s/p with a 24/2.8 on which I need to familiarize myself
with. The subject is going to be Parisian railways/stations at night.

Now, I just need to figure out how to develop T-max 3200 without
getting grains the size of footballs. Any suggestions?

--thomas