RE: [OM] [OT] Re: Airport X-ray - now way OT

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Re: Airport X-ray - now way OT
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:29:06 +1100
> Thomas Heide Clausen [mailto:T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> That's odd. We have Pentax as the "other system" here in the
> household for when AF is needed, and one of our bodies is a MZ5n. It
> feels a little plasticy, to be sure, but is sturdy enough and has
> been around the world with us a few times without any signs of
> malfunction.

Actually, that's a root cause of the [SIGH] I offered. I like
the camera, and while I acknowledge that it broke down on a
"trip of a lifetime" (and that *could* have been the one and
only lens he has on it), it has worked perfectly since as far
as I'm aware (and I spent two weeks testing it after it was
"repaired" - that is, checked out fine). For me, who works it
IT Support, I'd call the camera/lens problem a "glitch".

The small size (and yes, it does feel sturdy for its "plasticy"
feel), I like. I have small, pudgy hands, and the small cameras
sit nicely in them. That's why I like the MZ5n, the OM1, and
the C5050z ergonomically.

Maybe I just need to give Dad some inspiration - go out for
a photo-walk with him or something.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz