[OM] Re: Spot-metering madness

Subject: [OM] Re: Spot-metering madness
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:44:28 -0800
>From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>That can't be right...
>if the testing methodology is near correct, i.e. lighting is actually
>even. The fact that the error is there with 50mm standard lenses
>indicates it isn't just the 'angle of incoming rays' effect...

Perhaps the test could be repeated, metering from a light table. That should
eliminate both the unevenness and possible shadowing of the subject by the
photographer. I seem to recall the original involved a wall, no?

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>