Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #3892

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #3892
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:36:57 -0800
All the problems you hear about on the list about customs duties, clearance/brokerage fees, etc. are not true for the US. There is no duty on used camera equipment, so as long as that is properly marked on the customs form, there are no additional charges. International airmail can be quite fast. I don't remember details, but none of my purchases from Europe, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong have taken all that long and a couple have been amazingly fast. I got a lens from Australia quicker than many US packages.International payment depends a lot on the seller. Some have requirements that can add a lot of time and/or cost to the transaction. I have chosen not to bid where that looked like a real problem. Make sure the sellers requirements are something you can live with. I've done a number of PayPal purchases overseas with no more time, cost or trouble than a domestic transaction (in fact less than some of them).

Moose

danrich wrote:

Any suggestion buying Oly gear form the UK?
It takes so much longer, duty, higher shipping, slower ck clearing, help ?
Dan