RE: [OM] Scanner Questions - Epson 2450

Subject: RE: [OM] Scanner Questions - Epson 2450
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:56:28 +1100
G'day John,

I brought home my new 2450 scanner yesterday and would agree fully with what
you say regarding 35mm although I've only produced one A4 sized print from a
Velvia positive. Strangely, the shot was one from our Sydney Harbour Bridge
of the CBD and quay taken with an OM-2 and Vivitar 70-150/f3.8 zoom. I would
have thought that the lens was anything but sharp yet the print has yielded
a pretty sharp image. Of course it has a nice bluish cast but that's me
being inexperienced (I hope). However two A4 scans of 6X4 prints are very
pleasing. These are Stylus Epic photos of our five year old twin
granchildren and have lessened the jaundiced view of new "camera stuff" by
the Leader of the Opposition considerably.

If I still (sob) had my Rolleiflex (6X6 75mm/f3.5 Tessar circa 1953) I could
check out your MF report. One of these days I'll get another one...

Incidently, a recent post by Wayne Harridge revealed that he has this
scanner. A suggestion to check

http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/Epson_flatbeds.html#Description_2450

is certainly worth doing.

John.