[OM] Paris... X-Rays... etc.

Subject: [OM] Paris... X-Rays... etc.
From: "Volkan Olgun" <volkan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:41:25 +0200
I was in Cannes and Paris on January. No doubt to say that Paris is an amazing
city. Eventhough I am not so much interested in classic forms of
art, you can feel it in the air and it is impressive. It's a very good city for
many different kinds of photography. The most places I liked in Paris
are the ordinary streets and places where ordinary people are spending their
times in, such as La Vilette (I loved Geode), Bastille (cool bars), Gambetta
(nice area), Le Halles (nice place for shopping for my gf) areas, tabac shops
(the coolest invention of mankind, especially if you are tired of walking),
cafes (I like to have an espresso frequently), pubs (everybody likes pubs),
bars (yeah, I want some music and some drink after a long day) and many other
places. It's a big city and I need to make a lot of travels to there in the
future.

By the way... someone from this list had kindly offered me to help me to find
the photo-equipment stores in Paris. I couldn't contact you, because I
couldn't organise my time when I was there. But thank you very very much
indeed. Merci :)

I used some Delta 400, Delta 3200, Kodak Gold 400 films in Paris and. I exposed
Delta3200 in 800ASA and developed it for 1000ASA. These days I am
uploading some images to http://iustinian.deviantart.com

and there are some previous works on www.hadesnet.com/volkan

OK... they are not the masterpieces, but I like them somehow. But you can make
critics freely, if you want. They were all taken with my OM4. Just some of the
color ones on my home page were taken with Min*lta Dyna* 505si.

When I was at the airport, I showed the films to the pollice near the X-ray. I
requested him not throwing them into the X-ray device. He accepted my
request for Delta 3200 films but he put Delta 400 films into the device,
eventhough some of them were exposed in 1000ASA. Well, I tried to explain
him the push process but he doesn't seem to be understood what push and pull
processes are anyway :)

Next time, it may be wise to put all fims into the 3200ASA casettes before the
voyage ;)

I am planning to make a long trip from Istanbul-Greece-Italy-South
France-Paris-Normandy with my motorcycle in the summer and hoping to shoot
hundreds of photographs... sure with my OM-4 :)

Best regards,

Volkan Olgun