[OM] Great fixer-upper!

Subject: [OM] Great fixer-upper!
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:54:26 -0600
All,

And the cleaning out continues...

Almost free to a good home -- a Jobo CPA-2 processor with lift.  You get to
pay for shipping, but other than that, I'll give it to someone for the price
of an email...

What's good about it:
1) It's free!
2) Holds temps beautifully - if you're looking for a very large 6-bath
tempering tub, this could be it! :)
3) The lift works as it should
4) Already fitted with cogs rather than magnets
5) Recirculation pump works well.

What's bad about it:
1) Needs to be cleaned - tub only.  The lift has been kept clean.
2) The circuitry/mechanics need to be overhauled.  It works, but
intermittently.  Intermittently = letting the motor warm up for 1-2 hours
generally gets it going well, but not always.  Likelihood of correct
operation is inversely related to the urgency of the job you're trying to
process.  Per Jobo, a complete overhaul with the updated circuitry,
mechanics, etc. will cost about $400.  You would need to send the head
directly to Jobo in (I think) New York and give them about 3 weeks
turnaround time.
3) It's big & heavy and will probably cost $50 to ship ground.  That's a
guess, though.

<hook> I'll be selling a ton of reels, drums, graduates, chemistry bottles,
thermometers, etc. on *Bay later this weekend. </hook>

Disclaimer: This thing worked as described above a year ago when I put it in
the garage -- I'm assuming nothing's gone further south/west/east/north on
it since then.

First email gets it -- drop me a note offlist if interested.

Dave