[OM] Metz 36 c-2 vs 32 mz-2

Subject: [OM] Metz 36 c-2 vs 32 mz-2
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bernard.frangoulis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:42:19 +0100
I am looking for a light flashgun for travel (for an OM-4, for occasional use, in particular fill in).

Apart from the T32 or even T20, I think some Metz models may be interesting (can't find Vivitar or Sunpak non-dedicated models easily here).

One possibility would be the 32 z-2. GN 36 for ISO 100/85 mm, 3 auto-working apertures, the head swivels vertically and horizontally, works with the SCA adapters (for TTL), no variable power. I can get one second-hand here for 200 euros (including SCA 321 adapter), i.e. 200 USD approximately. Is this a good price? Seems a bit on the high side... In fact it is the 32 mz-2, not the 32 z-2. No information on the 32 mz-2 on the Metz site, only on the 32 mz-3, which is similar to the z-2 but with a motorized zoom head (which Olys cannot use, I guess). How is the mz-2 different?

Another possibility would be the new 36 c-2 model, but I can't seem to find much information on this flashgun, except for the description on the Metz site: GN 36 for ISO 100/85 mm, 3 auto-working apertures, the head swivels vertically but not horizontally, "cobra" shape. I think it does not work with the SCA adapters, therefore no TTL. No variable power either. It is a little bit lighter and smaller than the 32 z-2, and much less expensive (75 euros). Anybody has experience with it?

Bernard