Re: [OM] Olympus Military Outfit????????

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Military Outfit????????
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:40:53 -0500
Yea, I saw that.  What a joke!  Some guy thinks he's going to get $7-800 more
because it was bought by the U.S. Army and comes in a foamed case with a metal
tag?  If that sales succeeds, I've got a bridge for someone to buy.

If it was some special edition camera, perhaps it could be justified, but it's
nothing more than a camera kit that was purchased by the military, as far as I
can tell.

I still never have understood the fascination with military equipment.  You
guys wouldn't believe what some people will pay for Leica stuff that has some
military designation, whether it be from the RAF, US Army Air Corps, Luftwaffe,
or the Swedish Air Force.   OTOH, maybe you would believe that behavior?

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost