[OM] Don't do this at home :-(

Subject: [OM] Don't do this at home :-(
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:06:26 -0000
Just got a Mamiya M645 back from repair - Shutter release problem, hot shoe
dead.  Closest to hand flashgun to test it was an F280, and happily it's
fixed, it works fine.  I therefore believe the camera has 'dental qualities'
that Doris would approve.  Body, WL and prism finders, 80 and 200 lenses for
less than USD200 (repairs incl).  I was happy for an instant.

BUT

I can't get the F280 off the hotshoe.  Prism housing obstructs the screws on
the F280.  F280 obstructs the screw on the hotshoe.  Stuck fast (I assume
the spring loaded tooth on the F280 is caught in an un-noticed depression in
the hotshoe).

Before I take a saw to the side of the hotshoe - any better ideas anybody?

Feel free to offer self-righteous "should know better" and "you should have
looked" messages, they are all deserved.

Piers