Re: [OM] Extension Tubes 7/14/25

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension Tubes 7/14/25
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:08:30 -0800
I certainly agree. The 7mm is by far my most used tube because of a specialized purpose. When I use the Tamron 90/3.5 macro on my copystand, the 7mm tube puts the focusing/repro ratio range just where I want it.

The comments by others about how the 25mm tube brings the 50/3.5 to 1:1 reminded me of thoughts I've had about how hide-bound manufacturers are and how feature driven buyers are. Notice how all the macro lenses go either to 1:2 or 1:1? I almost never use 1:1, but find 1:2 is a bit too limiting. How about a lens that goes to 1:1.5? Much of the extra size and weight of the 1:1 designs could be avoided while still getting into the 'as close as I can get without blocking all the light' range.

Random neurons firing,
  Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

Dan wrote

Extension Tubes 7/14/25
If you could only have one, what one would you pick?
In my opinion, it depends very much on what lenses you intend to use it with,
and what you want to photograph.