Re: [OM] OM-1 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 problems
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:05:31 -0600
As others have said, the top of the latch is probably bent -- that, or the
plastic ring around the shaft that is supposed to lift the latch is broken.
You'll have to remove the top cover to see.  The back latch is fairly universal
-- one from any OM-1 or OM-2 will work.  If the collar is broken, you'll need
one just like it, but still common.

Shutter jammed?  Could be dozens, hundreds of things.  Remove the bottom cover
and peek around, you may see something jammed in the gears, etc.  If not, maybe
you know a repair shop that might look it over -- they might even have a
new/used cover to replace the one with #'s on it....    ;^)