Re: [OM] 180/2.8 with tripod collar (and more)

Subject: Re: [OM] 180/2.8 with tripod collar (and more)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:00:45 -0800
It does focus to infinity. With the 'macro' helicoid at its minimum extension, it simply acts like any other 2x teleconverter. Because of the longer focal length, the macro helicoid will not focus down to 1:1, but will still allow closer focusing than the lens and a regular telextender. That's the theory. I don't have a 180/2.8, but it works just as I said on my 200/4.

Moose

Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

Why wouldn't it focus to infinity??? If I don't extend the teleconverter for its "macro" use, I can focus to infinity all right. Then I have a 360/5.6. Or am I missing something here?