RE: [OM] Beljan tools ?

Subject: RE: [OM] Beljan tools ?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:43:32 -0700
I also have a set of these tools and they are very well made. Most of them I
have not used though as my stuff doesn't seem to ever break. /jim

Hi, Rich and all,

I have the set of tools, and after using them on a beater OM-1 and another
OM-1 to swap some parts, like the timer lever and rewind knob, I can attest
to the fact that they are worth at least 40 bucks PER TOOL!  These are
beautifully designed and executed creations, and are MORE than I expected
them to be in usability and value.  I think they are indispensable if you
need to take an OM apart, and put it back together without damage, and I
know of no alternative method of doing it as safely as the Beljan tools can
do it.  As I recall, I had a frozen thread on some part, but I can't
remember which...perhaps the reind knob to the shaft...but a little gentle
coaxing loostened it and I was home free.  More importantly, no damage to
anything. I highly recommend the set, as well as their battery and winder
access covers.

John