Re: RE: [OM] Re: Kodak Tropical Cabinet

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Re: Kodak Tropical Cabinet
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:49:41 +1100

> Timpe, Jim <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Nothing personal, but I can take or leave Ikea.  The local store
> (south of
> Seattle 20 minutes or so) is laid out like a labyrinth, and it's
> always
> crawling with yuppies.  I'm too old and crusty I guess..........

Labyrinth is right, the one I have visited in Oz is set up that way too
(probably
a "universal" design).  I think the reason is so that you have to pass every
display
area even if you are only looking for one item.  In one visit I found it easier
to exit
the shop and go back in through the entrance rather than backtrack through the
shop.

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge