Re: [OM]Re: Eyecup

Subject: Re: [OM]Re: Eyecup
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:16:31 -0800

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 04:29  PM, Boris Grigorov wrote:

Hi all,
This weekend was the first time when I had a chance to hold and look through the viewfinder of the OM4T. It was at a store that closed its doors after 50 years. The shape of the camera was not very good and at "half-price" of $225 was far from a fang, so I left it. The reason I am writing about it is because when I looked through the viewfinder, I had the impression that the image is a "little further" from the eye than the one in my OM1. I did not have my camera at the time and was not able to compare, but think that got it right. What do you think?
Thanks in advance
Boris

If you are just looking at the frame itself there is a bit more eye relief on the OM4T. It is to allow seeing the LCD meter display at the bottom. If you need to be farther away you could check the meter display and then frame the picture. However, it would be difficult to make sure that you are metering what you want, especially with the spot meter.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA