Re: [OM] 4/3 at PMA

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 at PMA
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:52:52 +0100
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:14:13 -0800 (PST), "W. Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Comparing the fast tele to the
>equivalent 35mm lenses will, I hope, finally prove the
>point I've been trying to make for a year now that
>lenses purpose-built for a smaller sensor can be
>smaller, lighter, faster, and cheaper than their 35mm
>counterparts.
>Warren

Your point has already been proven by Olympus, I think:
My E-20 and 3x screw-on teleconverter, resulting in a digital camera
with 420/2.8 equivalent, are much cheaper together than the Zuiko
350/2.8 has ever been, and smaller, and lighter.

A 49->55mm step-up ring and 1.7x B-300 on front of this combo will
give you a quality 700/3.5 equivalent. Fast enough, although support
from a monopod or tripod has to be recommended...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.