RE: [OM] Shakey Hands... (OT) and Olympus mju-II

Subject: RE: [OM] Shakey Hands... (OT) and Olympus mju-II
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:19:48 +1100
> Craig Henrikson [mailto:chenriks@xxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> What do you mean pedantic???!!!!!

That is, as per my original mail,"pendantic" (as in, made-up-word
meaning something worn around the neck as jewellery, like the
subsequently mentioned-for-trolling purposes L**ca). ;-)

Okay, obligatory on-topic content, because this kid raised RC needs
his penance...The Olympus mju-II I got for AUS$66 is a little
wonder of a camera. It sits in my pocket and I whip it out, open
it's clamshell, and press the button, all with one-hand. It's a
great "snapshooter" for me so far, especially at "social
gatherings" (eg. last night up at the pub watching (the watcher's
watch) the Mardi Gras parade through the window), with the subjects
not having a chance to blink (luckily) before their image hits the
film.

...which makes me think of an interesting competition. mju-II
(and/or XA#?) sharpshooting. Scores for whipping it one-handed
out of a regulation holster and "shooting" a target timer the
quickest, with penalties for focus and targetting inaccuracy.
The winner gets the "Olympus Decisive Moment Medal". Is this
a new idea, or am I covering old ground?

I have no experience for comparison with the XA, but I'm loving
this mju-II (Stylus Epic).

> Craig (BA,MA,MPH,PhD)

Cheers
Marc (HSC*, and who lives list-dangerously without using MS Outoluck's
spillchucker)
Sydney, Oz
(* High School Certificate only, but with respect for those who
continued :-))