Re: [OM] OT Bagpipes (was Walt, I'm Here to Help!)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Bagpipes (was Walt, I'm Here to Help!)
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 05:49:35 -0400
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
  To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, 01 March, 2003 10:38 PM
  Subject: [OM] OT Bagpipes (was Walt, I'm Here to Help!)

  Ag Schnozz wrote:

  >Come on, come on.  Bagpipes need to be banned before anything
  >else.  They serve absolutely no useful purpose other than to
  >pipe people out at funerals.  NOBODY needs a bagpipe.  Think
  >about the children!

  >Oh, the humanity...

  Oh, Ag, you had to know we couldn't let THAT one go by.

  No. 1 pipeband in the world, 4 times, Simon Fraser University pipe band of
Abbotsford, B.C. will be here the 2nd weekend of June, for the Bellingham
Highland Games.  No. 1 and no. 2 pipers in the world in that band.

  SFU is in Burnaby, a 20 drive from downtown Vancouver.

  I have seen and heard the SFU pipeband in the open air on their home turf
atop Burnaby Mountain. You would be much more impressed with the massed pipe
bands of the Black Watch for example playing on the ramparts of Edinburgh
Castle.

  jh