RE: [OM] 4/3 is real!!

Subject: RE: [OM] 4/3 is real!!
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 09:50:37 -0800
Yep, it looks nice.

Imagine a system covering 28 thru 400 mm plus 600mm ALL at F/2.8! Plus a 100
F/2.0 macro thrown in for good measure. (oops, just saw the zooms are
f/2.8-3.5, bummer)

How about a matched 2x for the 600 giving 1200 f/5.6 (wish list)

Nothing wider than 28 is  hole though.  They said part of the purpose of
this was better digital wide angles. Let's hope they're up next.

And it looks like the battery compartment thing on the bottom which makes
the thing look so huge, is an option.  So it really is E-20 size with
theshort-range zoom on it.

But speaking of the E-20, it has a 35-140 F/2.0-2.4 ie a full stop brighter
lens.  How come big brother's lenses are slower?

Anyway, it does look promising.

George