[OM] Epson Clogs (was OM Black & White/digital)

Subject: [OM] Epson Clogs (was OM Black & White/digital)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:31:34 -0500
The only time my Epson (Stylus Color 760) clogged was when I didn't use it to
print for several weeks.  Took many repeated cleaning cycles to get it up and
running again.  Was about to give up and resign myself to taking it to a
service center when some ink finally started to show on the page.  Took another
6 - 10 cycles to get full function restored.

I've been using the off-brand $9.95 cartridges with no noticeable side effects
and acceptable results, but then I haven't tried printing a photo yet, either.
For everyday (non photo, anyway) printing needs, $9.95 vs. $24.95 is a
no-brainer.

Wouldn't it be nice if they added a "sleep" feature to injet printers so that
you could not use it for several weeks/months without the ink drying and
clogging the nozzles?  Maybe that feature was intentionally left out.  The
profits are truly in the sale of ink.

Rich