Re: [OM] Is it an OM adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is it an OM adapter?
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:35:31 +0100
Hm. Really? It might be too good to be true.

I had a sharp look at the OM mount in my OM bodies, in an auto ext tube and an
2x converter. Then I cropped the E-system picture, resampled it by factor 4,
applied Gaussian blur and USM. This gave slightly "more" information.

There is something missing: The lever to transmit the aperture to the camera.
Either the E-system does not have this (it may have an electronic aperture
instead) and lenses miss the auto aperture, or it is not an OM-E adaptor.

But the arrangement, location and size of the bajonet looks like with the OM
mount and a primitive comparision of the bajonet diameter and flange size tell
the same.

Does anybody have pictures of the E-bajonet on an E-lens? It would be
interesting to compare the lens side also.

Exciting!

Bernd