Re: [OM] 4/3, DOA or not?

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3, DOA or not?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:03:58 -0500
I have to say, the feel of the E-20 is MUCH nicer than I would have
expected.  It is too big and heavy, but if FEELS just right.  Better than
the IS-3, to me.

Tom

> Clunky?
>
> And the D100, EOS-1Ds, and EOS-D10 aren't clunky?  Actually, the ZLR-form
factor of the Olympus E-ILD (MY new TLD for E-Series Interchangable Lens
Digital :-o ) is preferred by many users.  Most people who I know who have
an Olympus IS camera vastly prefer it to an SLR.  I tried a Canon EOS-Rebel
at a b-ball game, taking shots for a friend on Saturday, and I was surprised
at how much the lack of height was a detriment to handling.  The camera
simply wasn't tall enough to hold comfortably.

> As the ZLR-cameras get too small, I also find many of them difficult to
hold.  This E-ILD seems like the right size, to me.

> I wonder what they were expecting?  Is the industrial design THAT
important?  It doesn't seem to changed N*kon or C*non's thinking about their
DSLRs' design.