RE: [OM] Is this statement true??

Subject: RE: [OM] Is this statement true??
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:14:08 -0000
I *think* you are right Albert.

I *know* that the article you quote is not right.

Even if a given lens is sharper when stopped down, it does not follow that a
fast lens is sharper than a slow lens, in fact the behaviour of the given
lens tells you nothing about the behaviour of another lens.  In fact another
lens could be less sharp when stopped down.

That is an example of a syllogism.  Example - I have two dogs, they have
four legs each.  An octopus has eight legs.  Therefore my pets must be an
octopus.

Piers

OM content - I have photos of this Jack Russell octopus taken with an OM to
prove that it has eight legs.  The octopus is available for endoscopic
evaluation, by appointment.