Re: [OM] Oly parts

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly parts
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:07:47 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Walt Wayman wrote:

> I had composed a post saying essentially the same thing, then I
> saw yours just as I was all set to launch mine off into the
> electricity.  Count me in.  This stuff needs to be where it'll do
> some good for some good people, and they are us.

I've been looking through the list of items that are contained in this lot,
and from what I can see, a good percentage of the parts are replacements for
things that just don't usually break.   When was the last time a diaphragm
blade needed replacing?  How about a lens helicoid?  Had your OM-4 front
casting changed lately?  All these parts came from Carsen, the Canadian Olympus
distributor.  As a distributor they needed to maintain a complete stock of
replacement parts.  I suspect these are the left over parts which they never
used.  Ideally these parts should go back to Olympus Japan so that when that
obscure part is needed once in a blue moon, it will be available.  As for the
price, I suspect he's looking for around 100f net which would be in the $10K
range.  That can buy a lot of parts bodies and lenses :-)
                                -mark