Re: [OM] 4/3's lack of WA lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3's lack of WA lens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:31:10 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Skip Williams" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> If/when the 4/3 system comes to market, the four lenses you saw in the PMA
shots are likely to be it for a while.  Face it, they cover 950f the
typical SLR photo needs of the typical buyers.  Most buyers don't use
wide-angle primes, they use wide-angle zooms.  In fact, I'm surprised that
Olympus showed such a long lens as the 600mm.  Most shooters find 600mm
lenses far too long; I'd have expected a 400.

3-400mm is already covered by the Zoom, it is quite fast too, if the quality
is good there is no need for a prime.

C.H.Ling