Re: [OM] Oly parts

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly parts
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 22:55:10 EST
In a message dated 3/7/2003 7:22:14 PM Central Standard Time, GPaul64@xxxxxxx
writes:

> There are roughly 600 members here. If
> we each put in $30, that would be an $18000 bid.

Maybe you could get 90 people to put in $200 each and get a couple of CLAs in
return and reduced rates on future repairs.  If you split the parts among
three facilities, each facility would have to do a "free" CLA each week for
the next 14 months.  Not a bad trade off for what might be a lifetimes supply
of new parts, parts that what help to provide job security.  Notice how
freely I volunteer someone else's time.  Would it take $18,000 to do the
deal?  I doubt there will be a huge fight to win this auction.  Wouldn't
surprise me to see John, Clint and a few others put a consortium together to
joint venture the deal.  This would be a good opportunity for someone to put
together an Olympus list contest to see who comes closest to the final bid.
I bet it is less than $18,000.  I'm betting closer to 10 to 15 cents on the
dollar.  Although there is a lot of good stuff, I bet there is a bunch that
would never get used.  Bill Barber