Re: [OM] (OT) Stolen E-20N

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Stolen E-20N
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:04:29 -0500
It's my first chargeback, and it dramatically changes how I'll do
business with someone outside the US / Canada (unless they have a track
record with me). Here's what I've put up on my site so far.  Any other
suggestions, jump in. I've posted most of this info on rec.photo.digital,
and the stolen equipment registry on photo.net.
< Oh my, how things can change.  Security alert:  due to a recent $ loss (an
E-20N), you should be made aware of the following person is a CRIMINAL using
STOLEN CREDIT CARDS TO MAKE ILLEGAL PURCHASES through the internet:

Name:   Ardy Wijaya

Address:  Setono Gedong II, no. 19, Kecamatan kota

                   Kediri (ja-tim), Singapore 64123

You can write him at:  ardy_wijaya@xxxxxxxxx

I suggest not doing any transactions with this scum-bag as he will be trying
to cheat you.

It is because of this person that there are new requirements for new
customers who are oustide the United States and Canada.  Those customers
will now have to scan both sides of their credit card with a good quality
flatbed and send me a fully legible jpeg of both sides of the card. The name
on the card MUST be the same as the person buying or you can forget it!
Alternative, is to pay by Bank check, in US dollars, drawn on a US Bank.
Sorry, but the guy listed above is the reason for this.  Again, his email
address is ardy_wijaya@xxxxxxxxx  >    end of website info

I just wrote to him, mentioning that the use of stolen credit cards is a
serious offense, here was the answer I just got:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,.....I"AM VERRY 2 HAPPY....
YOU"RE MY BEST FRIENDS....I LOVE MY OLYMPUS....!!!!

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000