Re: [OM] Provia sucked..

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia sucked..
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:46:05 -0800
At 12:14 AM 3/10/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
Provia sucked... in my hands.. I am use to shooting very forgiving Reala, and so my provia shots sucked ... arrg! But it does show quite a bit, what good metering and bad metering looks like. Very sharp, when done right, but unfortunately, all it did for me is tell me how much more I have to go as far as my photography skills.

That said..  Shooting Provia makes me want a medium format really badly..

Keep shooting it. I shoot Provia 95owadays. When you see a blowup of it (for me, scanning at 4000dpi and enlarge in Photoshop) and see practically no grain, it's all worth it! This will teach you so much about your camera's metering system...

Of course now we aew going to have Velvia 100F. Yummm.....