Re: [OM] Provia at 800, was Yearly model shots 2003

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia at 800, was Yearly model shots 2003
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 19:50:29 -0800
The chance of a Zuiko lens and the mirror engaging in a physical contretemps seems infinitesimally remote. Other than something serious, it certainly sounds like batteries. Did you actually check these batteries for voltage? Silver oxides? If it were a 'double digit' body, I'd say if it isn't batteries, it's sticky magnet syndrome. I have heard that, although rare, this can strike single digit bodies too. You might also try cleaning the battery contacts and 'exercising' the mode, shutter speed and iso dials.

Moose

Chris Barker wrote:

Has anyone else had a problem with the 50-250 on an OM4? My mirror jammed up occasionally, only to release after anything up to a minute. I had new batteries in and the problem seemed to be sorted out by using manual shutter speeds. I began to wonder if the mirror was engaging with the rear of the lens, but I could see no witness marks on either mirror or lens.