RE: [OM] "Ordinary People"

Subject: RE: [OM] "Ordinary People"
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:06:47 +1100
> Rich [mailto:Doggre@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Does anybody know if the SLR Donald Sutherland uses to
> attempt to photograph a reluctant and emotionally cut-off
> Mary Tyler Moore & "son" in "Ordinary People" was an OM?

I don't have an answer Rich, but your observation amused
me, because...

I assist in the running of a list for Airedale Terriers
(I am possessed, distressed and at the behest of two of
them, known as Monty and Maggie, and thus the "montsnmags"
of my poor excuse for webpages at "Geocities":
http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/photo.html
http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/Xmas/xmas.htm )
On that list we have "Airedale Sightings", which aren't
just postings about meeting an Airedale in the street
(they aren't *that* common though, so such sightings *do*
get a mention), but are rather TV/movies/posters/etc.
sightings. We were recently most impressed to see a
role in "Big Trouble" occupied by the breed - less happy
that he was portrayed as rather stupid :-) Better was
the hero role in the non-animated "101 Dalmations".

Anyway, on this list, we could call such OM sightings
"OMniscopes". Has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Cheers
Marc (hoping this hasn't been discussed and the name suggested
before)
Sydney, Oz