Re: [OM] Keeping It Dry Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping It Dry Advice
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:07:17 -0800

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 09:27 PM, Jim Brokaw wrote:

I was in REI a couple days ago, and they have small plastic boxes (by
Pelican?) with o-ring seals, and they have plastic 'zip-lock' type bags, but made of much heavier plastic than a 'grocery-store' ziplock. Both came in
different sizes, which looked to be big enough to hold most digicams.

Then you need some packets of silica gel, and someplace while there to dry
and reuse the packages...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

Good tip. I will check my local REI. I know this horse has been beaten in the past about where to get silica gel and there are many places on the web. Time is getting short though. Is there a normal retail source of the stuff, like Home Depot or other hardware stores?

Actually ideal, but pricey, Ewa Marine makes a sturdy underwater baggie with a clear lens window and room for small pouches of silica gel to keep things dry inside.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA