Re: [OM] Goodbye for now (Now OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye for now (Now OT)
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:06:02 -0500
Good luck Bill and congrats on the new kid!

Here in the US it is a different story. Where I work (very high-tech company)
Project, Marketing, Sales & Program managers refuse to take vacation because
once they leave they feel they won't have a job when they return. I've seen it
happen numerous times in the past year. A very intelligent project manager was
told to find funded work or else be laid off. Well, she did and then went on
her scheduled vacation. When she returned the "boss" gave the work (that she
found) to one of his old cronies and she was let go stating the work couldn't
wait for her and the other guy was too involved now. Very sad. She refused to
do anything about it and fortunately for her found work in another part of the
company in Colorado. No OM content and my rant for the month.

John Cwiklinski