Re: [OM] Need advice on Manfrotto 410 / Bogen 3257 Geared Head?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need advice on Manfrotto 410 / Bogen 3257 Geared Head?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:19:15 +1100

> Klaus Elmquist Nielsen <klaus.elmquist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I consider buying the Manfrotto 410 geared head with a 055 PRO
> tripod.
> Does anyone have experience with this head? Any advice on the tripod?

I have had the 410 head for close to 1 year now, and since acquiring it haven't
used anything else.  It is ideal for architectural work where you want the
camera
to be aligned accurately (applicable to macro as well).  My only complaint is
that
it uses a different QR plate to my other Manfrotto head, which is different to
my
Manfrotto ball head !  Why the hell can't they standardize on 1 plate design
for
35mm/MF !

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge