Re: RE: [OM] [OT] Goodbye for now

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] [OT] Goodbye for now
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:38:29 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, John Hudson wrote:

> > > Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > You must be a government employee :-)  Not all employers are so
> > > generous, and
> > > for those self employed, well.......
> >
> > If you're self employed how can you complain about the generosity of your
> > employer ?
>
> I think the question mark should have been an exclamation mark !

I think you've missed the purpose of the comma (or should it have been a
semicolon?) in the original sentence.  The first half of the sentence refers
to the benefits employed people have, and the second half refers to the
benefits (or lack thereof) self employed people have.  The two are in
comparision to the benefits government empolyees have, not to each other.
Does that make more sense?
                                -mark