Re: [OM] "Weatherized" (was Keeping it Dry Advice)

Subject: Re: [OM] "Weatherized" (was Keeping it Dry Advice)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:27:10 -0800

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 01:12 PM, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

Scott wrote:

>The new Olympus digital Stylus is weatherized. :-) Don't own one, just saw
>an advert for it on TV last nite.

I saw that ad, too, on two different cable channels last night.  Nicely done!  I'm glad to see Oly advertising SOMETHING.

Costa Rica's rain forest would be a good place to test out the advertising claim, wouldn't it?  How does it prevent sucking in moisture/dust when the lens moves in and out?  And yes, what exactly does "weatherized" mean?  I know what it implies...

Rich

On their point and shoots it means that if you are splashed or get some rain drops everything is OK. You can't immerse it or put it under a tap to wash off the mud! I think the problem in warm wet places is also condensation. Bring it inside your air conditioned hotel and all the water vapor inside condenses on the electronics, and everything else.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA