Re: [OM] Re: Albert's gf

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Albert's gf
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:19:03 +0800
Bill,

I finally took my gf aside, got some paper out, and drew out the focus screen on the paper, and taught her how to focus...

OK, here is the problem I found out:

She "thinks" in focus means as long as the item "in the little circle" (split prism) is in focus, everything else is in focus... Well, so that is the culprit. She has been focusing correctly... JUST NOT ON ME! She's been focusing on whatever is in the dead dead center of the picture, and so if I'm standing a bit off to the side in the foreground, she's focusing on the background. Not her vision... her understanding of "in focus". I told her, you have to focus on the SUBJECT (that would be me) that you want to have in focus! So, this weekend out, we will see how the results go..

As far as cropping, you would think cropping with an SLR is easy if someone predefined where to stand, what the left side and the right side of the framelines should be etc... NOPE... As for RF's, they are very very accurate in focusing.... my gf can't tell when the split prism double image is imposed correctly either... Oh well, can't win them all.. Time to sign her up for a photography class.

Albert