[OM] Filter thickness, Was Filters Filters Filters

Subject: [OM] Filter thickness, Was Filters Filters Filters
From: julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:12:01 +0000 (GMT)
Maybe true for single filters, but I am firmly in the 1A permanent brigade, so
I need:
-Threads on the front to screw hoods into (minimum)
-Sufficient thinness to allow other filter(s) in front, then threads for the
hoods
-No step - up rings, so the hoods fit.

I guess the 28/2 is also marginal on a 49mm filter. It's pretty marginal full
stop. What were they thinking? Same probably applies to 50/1.2, unless the laws
of optics changed between the designs of the 55 and the 50.

Julian