[OM] Reviewing the Basics of PL's with OM-4

Subject: [OM] Reviewing the Basics of PL's with OM-4
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:29:47 -0600
I'm going to be using a 77mm linear polarizer soon, likely with an OM-4 most of the time. Since I prefer to do multispot averaging, I believe that I am going to need to meter the scene and then open up by the appropriate filter factor for a polarizer, which is about 1 and 1/3 stops.

I have decided that if the multispot exposure setting matches the center-weighted setting, I'll just put the filter on the lens and shoot in straight auto mode. If the multispot setting is different, I'll probably go with it and record the setting to memory, put the PL on the lens, and dial in 1 and 1/3 stops of + exposure compensation.

Comments or suggestions?

Joel W.