RE: [OM] Lond Meet

Subject: RE: [OM] Lond Meet
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:22:01 -0000
No, but a few weeks back the hub nut came loose and it freewheeled down the
Thames a few hundred yards. Luckily it remained upright and people were
safely disembarked using a few fire engines. One passenger was heard to
mention that it was a far smoother and quicker journey than the underground.

As a result there has been a consortium formed to consider puttig together
the  new Thames paddle wheel transport compant. Wheels will be spun up to
varying velocities and shot off up and down the Thames, thus avoiding both
traffic congestion and the new congestion charge recently introduced.