Re: [OM] In praise of Tamron lens caps & etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] In praise of Tamron lens caps & etc.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:46:30 -0800
Thanks, Skip, if you were offering to help, send me phone numbers or something, but I'm in a more than satisfactory relationship. Perhaps it's because of that that I have time to fuss with lens caps; not out on the hunt. I didn't know there was a 49mm version, as B&H doesn't list it.

I still haven't tried out the 135/4.5 and its wonderful new cap. We went on an expedition to Pt. Reyes and walked down a trail to the beach today. I thought about the weather and took the Kiron 105/2.8 instead and I was right. Heavy overcast and strong wind meant I needed all the speed I could get for anything that wasn't rock solid even with 400 & 800 iso film. The wildflowers were really dancing around. I hope some of the shots between gusts come out. Does anybody make a tripod to keep the subject still ? ;-)

Moose

Skip Williams wrote:

Moose,

You're WAY too excited about a lens cap.  Perhaps you need a date?

But really.....The recessed button Tamron caps are very nice. I have 43mm, 49mm, and 55mm Tamron caps that I rescued from the junk bin on several of my lenses. The 43mm caps are especially nice, as they fit the Pen F's standard lenses.
I also used to have a Canon lens cap from the 70's/80's that was great with
it's robust buttons.

Why aren't the other caps made as nicely?  Because the makers are CHEAP
BASTARDS!  I have several plastic-springed, generic caps that have broken in
short order.  Grrrrr.

Gee, Skip, you sound awfully excited about those lens caps. Perhaps you.............. :-)