[OM] Newbie Question: Medium Telephoto lenses

Subject: [OM] Newbie Question: Medium Telephoto lenses
From: Stephen Rosenblum <srosenblum@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:45:27 -0500
Please forgive my question as I am certain it has probably been asked a jillion times before, but I am unsure of where to search the archives of this group. I am new to the OM system. After using mainly rangefinder cameras and Canon EOS gear I recently purchased a used OM4T and a 40/2 lens as well as the 28/2.8 lens. I love this camera!!

I am trying to decide which medium telephoto to get to round out my kit. I am considering the 100/2, 100/2.8, and 85/2. I have been told that the 100/2 produces incredible images even wide open, but I wonder if it is that much better than the other two lenses. The 100/2.8 and 85/2 weigh much less, cost less, and use 49mm filters like my other two lenses. Is the 100/2 worth the difference in price and weight? I will be using the lens for portraits, travel and landscape photos. Also, is the best place to buy these lenses on ebay?

Thanks for your patience. Hopefully, soon I too will be able to provide helpful information to others on this forum.