Re: [OM] Newbie Question: Medium Telephoto lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie Question: Medium Telephoto lenses
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:31:38 -0500
Stephen,

First, welcome to the family.

You ask a tough question, because they are all EXCELLENT lenses.  No
question that the 100/2 is a wonderful lens, but you hit on a couple of
important points -- weight and cost (not to mention 55mm filters).  Many on
the list sing its praises and I liked it too, but don't own one anymore.

I also like the 100/2.8 which is one of the best values in the Zuiko line. A
fine lens and priced incredibly low.

Right in the middle price-wise is the 85/2, which is the one of the three I
still own. Simply a wonderful lens. Small, light, sharp, fast -- pretty much
everything I look for in a lens.

Now the true Zuikoholic would say: buy them all and compare them yourself --
and then don't sell any of them.

Tom