Re: [OM] [OT] No more car abuse

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] No more car abuse
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:40:11 -0800

I once had a professor who drove a Morgan. This guy was wayyyyyyy out there. In fact, several of his colleagues had him committed. (Did you happen to know than some states' law permit your friends and family and even co-workers to have you "scooped up" in the dark of the night through the simple expedient of signing papers?) Well, he sued these guys _and_ the university and in the end he prevailed. Which I guess means it's okay to drive exotic cars and be wayyyyyyy out there . . .

. . . as long as you're prepared to ultimately sue your way clear to uphold that right of choice.

Only in America.

Say, anyone bothering to keep up with the flap re the Air Force Academy? What's wrong with that scenario? And how about that 4th Division and its state-of-the-art equipment bobbing idly atop the Mediterranean?

Are we having fun yet?

Tris

P.S. Please, let's not let this start a brouhaha. For the record I'm as pro-US as it gets, as anti-war as my 60's experience (and Vietnam brushing) could dictate, yet I feel we should get business done in "the region" anyway as it only amounts to application of common sense.

P.P.S. Common what?

Hard to keep up the image of an underpaid teacher while parading around in a
'vette, eh?  ;-) Going waaayyy back to my high school years, the coolest
vehicle any of my teachers drove was a hearse with a great stereo 8 track!
He wasn't much of a teacher, though. We played Abbey Road in Algebra.... Not
terribley focused...

Mickey