Re: [OM] The 2nd Annual Great Road Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] The 2nd Annual Great Road Trip
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:22:32 -0800
on 3/16/03 11:14 AM, John A. Lind at jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> FINALLY got some scans done of pix made during the 2nd Annual Great Road
> Trip last November.  Got the first dozen (about a third of the keepers)
> up.  A couple of these were TOPE wanna-be's.
> Color Pix:  Kodachrome 64 (is there any other color film?)
> B&W Pix:  Plus-X Pan
>
> Nearly all were done with the 35-105/3.5~4.5 zoom.  Some are better than
> the others.  Made all of them very quickly although I didn't cut corners on
> looking for a suitable vantage point too much.  They are more than "car
> window" shots.  Pushing for 1000 miles per day on the highway doesn't allow
> for dawdling around.  Lots of mountains.  When you live on very flat land,
> mountains are an interesting natural phenomenon.  Some are included to
> contrast sky and color balance changes with weather/climate/altitude.  The
> two B&W's were very long timed exposures made at night.
> http://johnlind.tripod.com/2ndagrt/2ndagrta.html
>
> Made many more during the 2nd Great Road Trip than during the 1st
> one.  Regretted the lack of pix from that one, but did capture Olympus'
> Secret Wyoming Factory among the few I did make.
>
> Enjoy,
> -- John
> P.S.
> Stay tuned for more.

Damm John -- I get the impression you could get better pictures by holding
the camera with one hand out the window at 70mph than I ever will... (but
don't do that -- it would be tragic to drop an OM/Zuiko!)

In particular the last one ("Utah #2?) has an eerie 3-D quality to the
clouds... My monitor seems to have a six inch deep diorama inset into the
screen.

These pictures make me want to grab my car keys and a dozen rolls of film
and get out of my backyard! <g> Looking forward to seeing the rest...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...